Robinhood 1099-B Crypto Document ID missing

ReyBafaa

I received my 1099-B Crypto from Robinhood but it does not have a Document ID on top corner to import in TurboTax. I sent them an email and they did not responded. Any idea?

firbard2000

is any one from TurboTax Reading? because i see way to many? and very little answers from the people that are supposed to be helping up do this. isn't that why we all pay you? or should we just file on the IRS website with e-file and Direct Deposit for Free? Because im about done with T-T every year it just gets more and more and less helpful!

parsonB

In some cases, you will need to enter the info manually, instead of importing it directly from Robinhood.

LinaJ2020

If import does not go smooth, I will suggest to manually enter info.  If there are too many transactions, try to sum up between long term and short term.  You might still be able to e-file.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099b and Enter 
  • Select Jump to 1099b
  • Follow prompts
  • On-screen, "Let's import your tax info, select I'll type it myself
  • Follow prompts to continue

A Form 1099-B is issued to report the proceeds from your stocks and bonds transactions.  The transactions will generate either a long term or short term capital gain or loss depends on how long the stocks are being held.  The amount will be reported on line 7 of your Form 1040 along with a Schedule D and Form 8949.