kemo1a

Restructure fee

I had a stock that did a reverse split.   This process turned what did not equal a full stock to be sold off.  Etrade charges a restructure fee.  The fee would be charged regardless of rather I sold some off or not.  My statement does not figure in the 38 fee.  My question is can I take it off what was sold this year or does that have to stay with the unsold investment until it is sold?

RobertB4444

Restructure fee

Fees can be added to the basis of stock when it is sold.  They are no longer deductible otherwise.

kemo1a

Restructure fee

Let me try to clarify.  Can I claim it on the forced sale or do I have to wait until I sell my remaining shares in the future.  I wasn't forced to sell all of them at the time of the sale.  As it's still the same stock.

DaveF1006

Restructure fee

@kemo1a To clarify, is that restructuring fee $38?

kemo1a

Restructure fee

I guess I stated it wrong it's listed as a MANDATORY REORG FEE CHARGED as opposed to a restructure fee. 

RobertB4444

Restructure fee

You will add it to the basis of the stock WHEN IT IS SOLD.