Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

[resolved] Can not import Charles Schwab data (cost basis data accuracy cannot be guaranteed for client-provided data...)

I am having two difficulties with Charles Schwab:

1. I am getting an error that reads:

"Cost basis accuracy cannot be guaranteed fo the client-provided data or securities transferred to Schab."

I called Schwab and they were thoroughly unhelpful.

2. I am unable to enter a second set of credentials (my wife's) to get her information.

I went with Delux this year, is it worth getting Premier?  All said I am only reporting total sales around $1500 or less.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

[resolved] Can not import Charles Schwab data (cost basis data accuracy cannot be guaranteed for client-provided data...)

1) if Schwab can't help you TT can't either. if you can't import with Deluxe, I doubt upgrading to Premier will help

2) as to your spouse, changing her password might help. 

it might be just as easy to enter info manually unless you have a lot of small trades.

at least you hopefully didn't have Schwab overreporting proceeds, but not cost by over $12,000. I called and asked for the extra $12K. was told they look into it. they would get back to me by Friday.  it's Friday after market close and still haven't heard from them.

for my wife, when I click on import and select CS, it does not give me the option to enter credentials, it just gives me an error.

Found the issue, TT started a $0 manual entry for CS.  Once I deleted that everything started working.

Very odd/vague/unhelpfull error message.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies