Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DW63
Level 2

Why isn't 2020 turbo tax not pulling up my depreciation schedule from last year on my rental properties?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why isn't 2020 turbo tax not pulling up my depreciation schedule from last year on my rental properties?

Seems this is a recent glitch ... I suggest waiting until Monday and try starting again and then every couple of days until it works.  Or you can enter the assets again from scratch your choice.

The IRS will not start processing returns until 2/12 so you have time to wait.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2020  online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

I am pretty sure I'm having the same issue. I don't see the actual rental property populated in my list of depreciable assets, but I do see my other assets. It's never been an issue in the past 5 years. I hope it's a glitch that gets fixed soon.

shayes82
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue.  It could be because the standard deduction is high now, it was that way last year though..

This is a known issue.

You may also need to add your Rental Property to the Assets section.

Click this link for detailed instructions to help you with your Schedule E Depreciation Smart Check Error

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies