Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When I try to import from Fidelity Inv, TT indicates that I need to sign into Intuit, but then I get a blank screen so I can't sign in or connect to Fidelity. Ideas?

Just downloaded TT's 2/23 update.  Still not connecting to Intuit login screen so I can't download from Fidelity.  Still getting a blank (white) screen.

When I try to import from Fidelity Inv, TT indicates that I need to sign into Intuit, but then I get a blank screen so I can't sign in or connect to Fidelity. Ideas?

I also loaded the 2/23 update and it still doesn't work.  The problem is the window I get after clicking on Fidelity (and Charles Schwab).  When I click on Morgan Stanley, the next window I see (even when I am not connected to the Internet - so the browser doesn't make a difference), is a screen that asks for user name and password. 

When I click on Fidelity.  it gives me a screen with the Fidelity logo that instructs me to hit continue to import.  I hit continue and it give me an Intuit sign in screen that with a sign in and create account buttons.  When I click "sign in"  it gives me the blank window which locks me up and I can't go further.    Why can't I get a screen to enter my user name and password for Fidelity (and Schwab) when I click on Fidelity like I do when I click on Morgan Stanley? This is beyond frustrating.  Can I get a refund from TT if I have to go to H&R Block to do my taxes?

Broke down and called TT.  Representative was really nice but didn't have a real fix.  In a few cases he said uninstalling and reinstalling the program has worked and clearing cache and cookies has helped but nothing else.  He said he would email me if he ran across a better solution.

I HAVE THE ANSWER....

It's definitely a TT issue and it basically involves the screen resolution and scale.  A TT representative gave me the idea of playing with my screen resolution.  I usually use a very high resolution so I lowered to 800X600 which created a really large pop-up but it did come through.  It still would not allow me to enter the login and password but at least I can see the box.  Next I started increasing the resolution to 1280.  I then started playing with the scale and the boxes went live when I reduced it from 150% where I usually keep it to 100%.  Everything worked and I was able to download my Fidelity transactions.

Did you still get the box to sign into Intuit or did you get the sign in for Fidelity when you initially selected Fidelity Investments?  I changed the resolution and can now see the sign in box for Intuit, but I am having trouble inputting my user ID and password.  It looks like it will allow me to type it in, but nothing displays when I type.  I will keep trying, but it seems like I shouldn't have to sign into INtuit I should get a Fidelity login screen.

After getting the box to sign into Intuit, I signed in and it took me to Fidelity where I also signed in.

I also had issues with the box and adjusted my "scale" to 100%, backed up and reloaded the page.  I would also suggest closing out TT and restarting the program after adjusting the resolution and scale.

I FINALLY got it to work!  Thank you Ron1000 for your suggestion.  I changed my resolution.  My scale was already 100%.  I had to keep changing my resolution to get the Intuit sign in box to appear.    I then typed in my user name and password even though nothing displayed when I typed it in.  I tried about 10 times - changing the resolution multiple times during various parts of the process before I got it to work.  So crazy, but once I got signed into Intuit, it took me to the Fidelity (and Schwab ) login screens and I had no troubles after that.  I'm so happy that it finally worked, but it shouldn't be that much trouble.  

Finny361

Ron1000, I have been at this for a month and have called TT support at least 7 times with no help.  I followed your instructions and was able to access Fidelity within a few minutes and downloaded my 1099 along with all the transactions.  Thank you so much for your help!  I was getting to the point where I was going to start typing all 40 pages of my transactions for the year and was not looking forward to it at all!  Thanks again!

I am having the same issue. I have TT Desktop Deluxe (PC version). When I try to import Fidelity transactions, I get presented with the Turbotax login screen but it isn't usable. I have tried it with Edge and Chrome as my browsers (although I am not sure the desktop version requires browser access). I have the 2/23 update. I have rebooted my PC with no luck.

Why am I required to login to Turbotax anyway when I am importing transactions just from Fidelity? When I downloaded from Vanguard I didn't have to do this. It is extremely frustrating!

Who knows but it is a TT issue.

See my solution I found above.  It's worked for me and several others.  It all has to do with the screen resolution.

@ron1000   I just tried your suggestions and it worked!!!! Thank you so much. It took a few tries but it was worth it. Thanks so much for the help. 

(TT does need to fix this in the softward though!)

@ron1000 Thanks for the workaround. 

flash442

I tried the screen resolution trick and was able to get the login screen to show up but I can input my login to login to TurboTax.

I had the same issue. I had to keep changing the resolution and scale percentage, exiting and restarting the the program several times. It finally open up with the fill in boxes. I think it a matter of finding the right resolution and scale for your system.

I am having the same "import was unsuccessful" issue.  I have multiple Fidelity accounts.  The import worked fine for my account with about 50 1099-B sales but DID NOT WORK for the account with 3,500 transactions.  (The two accounts have different logins.)  I had no problem importing last year with the same account when it had an even larger number of (about 5,000) transactions.  

I would really like to avoid having to mail in Form 8453 with the entire 152 page Fidelity 1099 attached.  I can't even imagine what issues that might cause.  I have visions of some low paid IRS staffer entering my SSN, and then clicking on random keys and generating copious, undecipherable letters related to auditing the return.

Please fix this Fidelity and TurboTax!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies