turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

asmitherma
Returning Member

My return says: Form 8960 Worksheet. Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code 2-871-273 What is Form 8960-did a search-says has Investment interest ?

The solution is spend more money with turbo tax because of a problem with their software

NK872020
Returning Member

My return says: Form 8960 Worksheet. Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code 2-871-273 What is Form 8960-did a search-says has Investment interest ?

I had the same issue a couple of days ago.  Here is the (rather unintuitive) process:

• Step 1: Call TurboTax support to get a free download link for the Desktop version
  • Step 2: Go to TurboTax's home page (https://turbotax.intuit.com/), sign in, and then click "Access my Downloads" from the first tab (Products & Pricing). Select the "Downloads" tab. It will be nested here.
  • Step 3: Download and install it. Under the welcome message you'll see two columns of links.  The one you want is on the right side. ("Open a Different Return.") ***
  • Step 4: Go back to the web version, click on "Tools" in the left panel, and one of the links in the pop-up will download the ".tax" data file.  (Something like "Save your return to your computer.")
  • Step 5: To import to the Desktop version, upload that file. It should be called "TaxReturn.tax2019" 

***NOTE: I initially clicked the first link in the Desktop App ("Start a New Return"), but got an error message. Others report renaming the file extension to ".Tax2018" will make that link work, but I just uploaded to the right-hand link instead.

All very confusing and unintuitive, I know. Best of luck everyone! 🤞

Same issue x4. I've been looking for a solution for over 2 hours. Apparently I may need the desktop version?? I can not call customer service, and I have already paid $200 for the online version. I missed the filing deadline thanks to this blockade. Super frustrating. I am not happy. Can I get a free desktop version and a full refund. If not, I'd rather pay someone else to do my taxes and not have to deal with this at the 11th+ hour. AAAAAAARG!!!

@T-R--Morris 

You will have to discuss your case with Support.

cmbakey

help!!

I get the same error message regarding form 8960 worksheet. But reference code is 2-061-407. I have no idea how to fix this, and I am already a late filer. Help?

@artncarey1 

You will have to use a desktop version of TurboTax; contact Support via the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I think what I'm hearing is that TurboTax completely dropped the ball on this Form 8960 issue with the online version. Certainly, they can't expect us to buy the "desktop" version after we have already paid ($170 in my case) for the online version.  I would gladly ignore this "error" and print my return and file by mail. Is this working for anyone?

I am also experiencing this issue when trying to efile my taxes.  Support is closed.  I already paid to efile.  Can you please advise?  Thank you. @GabiU 

Get ahold of someone at Intuit. You can save your return to your computer, buy the download version, and file. If you already bought the online version you can return it and get a refund. I did. 

GabiU
Level 15

@kwillwilson621 I sent you a PM. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

PM replied to.  Windows

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies