Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return says: Form 8960 Worksheet. Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code 2-871-273 What is Form 8960-did a search-says has Investment interest ?

My return says: Form 8960 Worksheet. Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code 2-871-273 What is Form 8960-did a search-says has Investment interest ?

@tagteam thank you so much.  This works, for anyone who has the Form 8960 problem.  Just install the desktop software, then save your online tax return file and reopen it, file from the desktop and no Form 8960 problem... poof, it's gone.

Grodfish

I am having the same issue.  Do I need to download the desktop version?  If so, please send link as soon as possible.  Thanks

@Grodfish 

You are going to have to contact Support via the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I am also having the same issue and cannot complete/submit my return.

I've deleted the employee expense forms from my account, but it did nothing

@bg760 

You need to use the desktop version of TurboTax to eliminate the error - contact Support.

debwdeal

My return says: Form 8960 Worksheet. Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code 2-871-273 What is Form 8960-did a search-says has Investment interest ? Need to get this filed, please advise asap.

NK872020
Returning Member

I am having the same issue – need to file ASAP. Where can I get the desktop version?

Thanks!

NK872020
Returning Member

@ickybadgoo were you able to troubleshoot this?

Has Turbo Tax fixed this error ? it seems the same error occurred last year in 2019 as well.

What is the resolution aside from go buy a desktop CD to finish filing ?

Please advise ASAP

mthern

I need to file electronically and am getting this error.

You need a desktop (installed) version of TurboTax; the online versions have this issue.

Contact Support via the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

You can purchase the desktop versions directly from Intuit.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

I have the Form 8960 error problem.  I saw that I need to submit my return from the desktop product, so I bought and installed the desktop product.  I have my return saved on my desktop. How do I download it to the desktop so that I can file my return?  I do not want to reenter my entire tax return into the desktop software. 

I had the same 8960 error and spent 2 and half hours on the phone with Turbo tax.  I had to get the Turbo tax desktop version. When I opened up the Turbo Tax Desktop version and did FILE/ NEW TAX RETURN it let me browse and upload from my desktop the saved copy of the tax return from the online version. Most of the information was imputed,  I just went thru it again to make sure nothing was missed and it was accurate I was able to E FILE at the end with no issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies