Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got an email re:”September 2021 carryover issues”? Supposedly impacting 2020 taxes. Is it legit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I got an email re:”September 2021 carryover issues”? Supposedly impacting 2020 taxes. Is it legit?

who is the source? Turbotax, IRS other.

the wording you posted doesn't seem legit but we don't know the source and you didn't post, without personal info, what it says to do.

This one?  

Turbo Tax sent out an email about

How do I amend my return to fix the duplicate fede...

From “

Dear Valued TurboTax customer,

We’re contacting you because we identified an error that may have impacted your 2020 tax return. We recommend that you verify your 2020 tax data by reviewing these self-help instructions or calling us to ensure you are getting every dollar you deserve.

Tax experts who are prepared to assist you with this issue can be reached at [phone number removed] (Monday through Friday, 5 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time). Let the expert know you’re calling about: “September 2021 Carryover Issue.”

It sounds like the link I posted.  Did you read it?  It says...

The issue doubled an amount carried over from your 2019 state tax return involving either the refund amount or balance due. 

Or Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Thank you!  I was nervous about clicking the link so hadn’t seen the article.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies