turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't make any payments that would require me to send 1099 on Schedule e Rental property however it is still having the bug of Check this Entry every time I try efile

Is this bug "Why am I getting a "Check This Entry" error for Schedule E Worksheet?" resolved, it says solved on Turbotax help forms but I am still experiencing it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I didn't make any payments that would require me to send 1099 on Schedule e Rental property however it is still having the bug of Check this Entry every time I try efile

Click this link to be notified when the Check This Entry Schedule E Worksheet issue has been resolved.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

23 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Click this link to be notified when the Check This Entry Schedule E Worksheet issue has been resolved.

Carl
Level 15

Also, work through the rental property again, the Property Profile section. Make sure you did "NOT" select the option to indicate that you *DID* pay for work that required you to issue a 1099.

I did that multiple times apparently it is still a bug

Not related to my issue

Carl
Level 15

@WendyN2 please click the link that you provided in this thread. It has absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with SCH E.

Thank you for letting me know. I will look into this immediately and see why the link is no longer working!

Carl
Level 15

Oh the link works fine. But the New Jersey Health Insurance Mandate Coverage Exemptions website it leads to, has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Issue has been resolved by Turbotax, you Just need to change back and forth for the fix to be activated 

ck23
Level 2

Still experiencing this problem

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

You can change this in your return once you are in the rental property, inside the Rental Info screen.

• With your TurboTax account open search (upper right) for rentals > Enter > select the Jump to link in the search results.
  • Edit beside the rental activity > Select Edit across from Rental Property Info > Scroll to Required to send a 1099
  • Edit to select No (see the image below)

Be sure to clear your cache and cookies in your browser regularly so that your computer doesn't remember things you want it to forget.

kguthrie
Returning Member

I have this issue, also, and I get "Access Denied" when I click on that link you provided. I have called twice and spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue. I was told I would receive a notification when it gets fixed, but I have heard nothing.

kguthrie
Returning Member

Finally got this fixed, but never received a notification from Turbotax as I was promised. So much time wasted dealing with this bug. Very disappointing. I will be looking for a different tax software next year.

Goldwolf

How did you get this fixed, I am stuck in the loop. Tried different browsers and clearing cache

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies