Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fidelity Investment import not working.

By the way, I see the same type of import failure importing from JPMorganChase brokerage account. Fails to import 1099-B. I get a message saying I have more than 2000 transactions. Why is this limit imposed on the desktop version and not in the online version? Also, what is the point of using a software that asks the humans to perform the repetitive and error-prone task of manually entering thousands of transactions when it can be done by a properly written software? I have enough hardware resource on my computer to edit 4K video but not import a few thousand lines of number? This is totally ridiculous!

I am also having the same issue.  Does anyone have an idea of when this will be fixed with Turbo Tax?

Just surprised that the TT software people havent looked at CSV conversion to TXF.  I am trying myself, plus speaking to colleagues that are more familiar with Excel.  Bottom line is if you can find a conversion than easily you can download to Import> TXF files from Othersoftware .  Fidelity is offering CSV, Integrated Brokers offers PDF, CSV, TXF etc.. So far trying to find a fix with a conversion program, Fidelity doesn't want to issue a TXF, and TT is being more thqn generous offering me Badges, Kudo's and perhaps soon emperor of taxation . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should not be necessary, but for $5 this bit of software can convert from csv to txf:  www.investotek.com

It worked for me on Fidelity 1099B transactions which were then easily imported to Turbotax.  If you are uncomfortable with spreadsheets, the provider will do it for you for $15.  Maybe TT should hire him!

narun

I am going wait until next week and if it is not fixed, I will return the product to amazon stating not working as described. Just FYI you can return even digital downloads.

I will allso send a complaint saying seller is giving false information about the product to sell it to the customers and if enough people complain, they will remove the product from the listing.

Only reason i use the TT Desktop is because it imports and makes my life easy, I am not able to import from JP Morgan/Chase, Fedility, Wells fargo, Ally/Apex clearing and Charles Schwab.

@narun I am surprised you were not able to do any import from all those institutions.  I was able to successfully get TT to import from Vanguard, Schwab, Ally and even a Fidelity account involving about 100 stock sales (1099B).  It only failed for a Fidelity account with 2,067 stock transactions.

I too am disappointed they did not fix this in their latest update.  Given how long this has been going on, it is:

1) a low priority issue, as the import is working for some Fidelity customers

2) they do not have the technical expertise to fix the problem

GLUA
Level 3

When you say account are you referring to login account?

I can't import anything because there is a problem with one or more accounts within my login.

If the process finds one error, it terminates.  I suspect you were lucky that the accounts that imported didn't have an error.

I don't mean real errors, I mean something that TT wants you to look at.

narun

Mine opens the browser tab  to those accounts and i login to the finacial institution, proceed until it says... 

Connection Complete!
Success! We got your tax data. You can now return to TurboTax.

I come back to TT nothing happens and i am in the same screen which says continue/Skip Import. Here are all the things i have tried --  I gave it about 30 minutes, cleared chrome cache, created a new chrome profile and tried, modified the OS default browser and tried in MS Edge and Firefox, Installed in on another PC and tried.  I am out of options... 

ratson

That is exactly what I experienced and most of what I did.

I gave up and entered manually.

I'm disappointed with TT for not being more up front and sending all its' subscribers a frank acknowledgement of the problem. I understand when there are problems. But tell me how bad please.

Thank you for the help.  I think I am going to give it another few days and then try the www.investotek.com option.  If that doesn't work, I think I am going to return the disc to Costco as TurboTax charges plenty for what I am thinking is a faulty product this year.  The whole reason I keep using TT is due to the software allowing me to upload all my investment.

I have the same exact problem, also has the same with my Schwab account.

Just sez:  

Connection Complete!
Success! We got your tax data. You can now return to TurboTax.

Then there is nothing in TT.

I posted a negative (1 star) review on Amazon (where I purchased) and suggest others do the same.  TT's lack of concern and slow roll of the fix is particularly galling.

GLUA
Level 3

Creating an online return to import the data is the only thing that currently works.

Make sure when you start the return that you pull in last year's file if you used TT last year.

You can then download to your PC to continue the return.

What does the desktop version do that the online version does not?  Given importing online works why not continue using that version?

@peterm6389 

There are multiple reasons for NOT using the online version. 

1. I already paid for the desktop version.

2. I will not pay again for the online version.

3. Most importantly, I DO NOT want my financial data on a server. I just do not trust it will be protected.

Intuit screwed up this year big time. Their tech support is pathetically inadequate to handle the fallout. Their engineers and product managers have gone AWOL.

I am thoroughly disgusted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies