Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fidelity Investment import not working.

I agree it is unacceptable.  I hope TT fixes this problem soon or they will have a lot of unhappy customers who are forced to go elsewhere to complete their taxes.

I'm thinking of trying this place to import my .csv file into turbotax. It will convert it to .txf file for importing. https://www.investotek.com/

It’s my understanding that only the Mac version can read a txf file. The Windows version will import only directly from something like Quicken. 

Can anyone answer this question: if I enter only summary information, e-file, but do NOT send the IRS the details, what happens?

In the end I was told by Fidelity that it was a TT issue and that I should contact their customer service....

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

There was a recent update that should resolve the issue. Please follow the instructions here to manually update the software. @5flavors @scottvf 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m sorry to report that this update did NOT fix the issue. I tried both Firefox and Edge. Same problem. This is getting tiresome. 

@CarissaM  I am sorry, did not see a link to manually update software but i went into the menu on top and checked for updates.  It said I had the most current version. I also reduced the scale to 100%.  I then closed edge and reloaded Foxfire.  Still did not work.  I never get to anything Fidelity, the app is asking me to sign into my Intuit account.  Then it takes me to a white screen.  The hour glass appears and then stops.  I believe there are input areas within the white box but there is no text or buttons.   This also feels like the problem I had inputting liscence keys in years past that related to the way the screen is displaying.  Actually, the top menu is trincated on the bottom.  Not so you can't use it but not quite right.  I have an HP envy laptop with a 17" touch screen.  It's less than a year old so not a driver issue on my side.  DO I just give up???

Has anyone tried another software to see if it imports it? I was thinking of using H&R block software but don't want to waste time if it doesn't work either.

FYI, even after deleting the prior year's (empty) Fidelity 1099 forms, the import does not work. I gave up and did it by hand. Sad to see this functionality broken after working for many years.

(But at least TT is handing out "replied 5 times" and "viewed 100 posts" etc. participation trophies (I mean badges) and sending me excited emails about every badge. Would prefer an actual fix but oh well...)

are you getting or getting past the screen asking you to sign into intuit before the fidelity login? 

I am on windows with edge or firefox.  Turbo tax must not have a test lab with different equipment and browsers.  It's almost March, the bugs should have already been worked out.  It's not our job to test and Fidelity is a BIG player.  @CarissaM @DanHM @Davidjl @peterm6389 @scottvf 

It doesn't ask me to log in before importing fidelity. I logged in when I first ran the program and it has me logged in ever since.

dddddddddt
Returning Member

@CarissaM Could you please reply about how we're supposed to get it resolved for the online version, considering there is no such thing as "updating" the online turbotax?

Not being logged out is another failure. It makes it impossible to change accounts. My wife and I need that.   Everything used to work perfectly in the past. What happened?

Purchased H&R and the import of Fidelity worked perfectly for me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies