Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"E Trade Securities: 1099 forms not avaialble for user" Huh????

TY 2022 1099 forms have been available on the E Trade site since 2-10-23.

Message in TurboTax stated E Trade 1099 would not be available for download until 2-12-23.

On 2-12-23 message in TurboTax stated E Trade 1099 download would not be available until after 1PM on 2-13-23.

At 4PM on 2-13-23 message on TurboTax states "E Trade Securities: 1099 forms not available for user".

I have used TT and E Trade for over 20 years and never had this problem.

What in the world does this mean? Does this mean they will NEVER be available? If so, why not state that? Are there no solutions?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

136 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

E-trade is definitely a participating TurboTax Import Partner. If the forms were just made available to you on Friday, then a few days for all the software to check that it is talking to each other and importing correctly makes sense. We want to make sure your information is as accurate as possible and delays can happen for multiple reasons from either side of the exchange. Keep checking back.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Amy,

Thank you for the prompt response!

I have been receiving the same messages from Turbotax when trying to import 1099 from E*Trade. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

Hi Amy,

I have been patiently waiting for this to resolve itself, but I'm still getting the same message 2 days after I received a notification from E*TRADE that the forms were available and I was able to download them from tehir website. It has been more than 48 hours (I have been checking back several times) and I'm worried there is something else going on between TurboTax and E*TRADE... Is there anyone actively looking into it? Do I need to open a Trouble Ticket?

i have same issue. Turbo Tax customer support - when are you going to make Etrade import avaialble for our users? this is gating my tax return filing. 

I am also having this issue.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Help Article for information regarding when you will be able to import 1099’s. 

@RVA2002 

@lostrufos2 

@davidlee11 

@dj21108 

I just tried to import from ETrade.  Same error message "1099 forms not available for user"

jj20cf

Same error for me. Please expedite fixing E*TRADE imports

2/14/2023 at 2:25PM PDT.   Same here, "you have nada forms available".  I'm assuming that since 2/15 is the real deadline we'll see them then.  Otherwise I guess we key it in.

In browsing message boards, your download might have to do with excessive stock entries.  This has been happening since 2019.  Are you an active stock trader?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/unable-to-import-from-e-trade-says-there-isn-t-an...

Pungh0Li0

A repeat of last year's problem.

Hopefully, they fix it this time.

Not at all. In fact, 2022 was probably my least active trading year in the past 10 years and there was never a similar problem before.

Thank you.  Hope so too.  I think it's a problem because it's not Feb 15th yet.  We will see.  There are hundreds of posts about TurboTax not allowing a lot of daytrade entries.

@MoniqueLO_ I think you nailed it.  Will try on 2/15.  Will let you, along with hundreds of others, if it doesn't work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies