turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mwblais

Do I need to issue a Form 1099-MISC for work done on my rental property?

I pay a property manager who hired several contractors to attend to maintenance. Do I owe the property manager or the contractors a 1099-MISC? As long as workers are a part of a company that receives payment, a 1099-MISC is not required?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I am assuming the property manager paid them directly from funds he received from you. In that case, no you do not issue 1099s to them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I am assuming the property manager paid them directly from funds he received from you. In that case, no you do not issue 1099s to them.

how do i issue 1099misc for work done on my property using turbo tax  home/business?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

@ Richard30

To issue 1099's, you can use the Home & Business (online or downloaded versions) OR the Business version. 

If you are using the Online version you must pay for the program to activate the Quick Employer's forms .

Click on File at the top right of the online program screen.  On the screen that states Well Done, click on the Continue button.  On the next screen for First, review your order, click on the Start Here button.  On the next screen, Review Your Order, if correct click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.

Note -  you are not filing your tax return just because you are in the File section of the program to pay for the account.  To actually file a return you would need to completely go through the File section and click on the Transmit Return button to e-file the return.  Which would not work in this case because the e-file servers will not be accepting returns until early January.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies