My rental property vehicle deduction indicated I had $2823 deduction then the summary page only shows $58 for 305/60 rental/personal use property. Why would this be?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

view2

If the property is “used as a home,” your rental expense deduction is limited. This means your deduction for rental expenses can’t be more than the rent you received.

If personal days exceed 14 days or 10% of the number of days the home is rented (whichever is greater), the IRS considers the property a personal residence and rental loss cannot be deducted.  

see Publication 527, Residential Rental Property (Including Rental of Vacation Homes).

view2