Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import of 1099-INT info from Ally Bank is Incomplete

This happened previous year(s).  I am on the step to Enter my 1099-INT and I connect to Ally Bank to Import using Turbo Tax.  It does NOT import all of the account 1099-s from my account - Just two of them and two appear to be missing.

I don't understand this.  Doesn't this seem like an error-likely situation for all?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

At this point, you will need to manually enter the two 1099 INT that are missing. import problems occur from time to time and are difficult to diagnose because of server issues between ourselves and Ally Bank. Presently, there are no known issues regarding this fact.

I notice you listed a 1099 S.  Are these 1099 S that you are trying to enter or 1099 INT? These are two different things as 1099 S relates to the sale of a house while 1099 INT reports interest paid. I think you meant 1099 INT but I just wanted to check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I am aware I must manually enter the 1099-INT information as the import failed with no error message.

The "s" you question below is just a plural as in more than one 1099.  

I just spent the last 40 years as a software engineer.  This is NOT a problem that is difficult to diagnose or fix.  It is very reproducible.  Others have posted on forums about this bug.

This issue still exists here in 2024.  It has existed for YEARS.  My guess is due to Ally 1099-INT having notes between pages of tax information.

No good reason why TurboTax hasn't fixed this by now.  It definitely kills your confidence that everything else works as it should.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies