Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import from Interactive Brokers does not work

Hello,

First of all I do know how it is supposed to work. I've generated Query ID and Token in IB and I am typing these in the right place. I know it's correct since if I mess it up on purpose I am getting different results (login error).

When I do type in correct credential (as of today, 17th of Feb) I am getting:
"You can ask the financial institution if you'll get this form, and return to import it when it's available.

If you already have the info, you can enter it by hand. (902)"

Before the 16th when I tried it was getting info that connection was successful but all the forms will be available on the 16th of Feb.

Anyone managed to import anything from Interactive Brokers? Is there anything wrong with my account? Maybe Interactive Brokers is simply not ready yet and the forms will be available later?

Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Interactive Brokers is definitely a partner with TurboTax and your import will work.  Quite a few brokerages don't have the online imports ready even though the paper forms are ready until late February or early March.  You can check with them to see if they have a date ready but I would think it would be soon.

Here is some more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the following message:

This import was unsuccessful. There isn't any tax-related info to import right now ...

I have communicated with IB and they stated

"We got an update from the corresponding team that all your requests for 2021 for this account has been processed from their end and they didn't find any issue either.

Hence we would advise to contact Turbo Tax support and see if you could get logs from them and provide us to assist you further.

Difficult in talking to someone at TT. Everything is referred to here.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

More assistance with getting your information imported has been provided by clicking here. It will also assist you with entering manually if you are still having trouble with importing. 

IB and Turbo Tax are partners and are listed as such on the information.  The connection was established successfully connected, goes through the process to download and returns the same error that no data to download. IB has confirmed the connection and the data is there. That the issue is on the Turbo Tax side and has requested logs from Turbo Tax so they can point out the issue.  Friends using different software have confirmed their data is importable. 

I spent 60 minutes on the call and the customer support agent keeps pointing me to items that away from the real issue toward issues of not being partners and such. I keep pointing out that the system connects. I have even tried entering a bad token and the system refuses to connect. 

I have over 2000 entries, so I do not want to enter manually. This is the reason I buy the software. It has worked the previous 3 years, so the issue is isolated to Turbo Tax 2021 Premier. 

david493867
Returning Member

I know my import works because the 1099-div gets imported; however, my 1099-b for futures isn't imported. Really frustrating.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

@david493867  If you contact Interactive Brokers they should be able to combine the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV and 1099-B into what's called a 1099-COMB.  Then when you go to import it will import all three.

junshi_js

Hi,

I'm using Turbotax software bought from Amazon for Premier + State. When trying to import my 1099-B from Interactive Brokers it gives message saying following fields have length limits. The query ID I generated in Interactive Brokers is 6 digit number and Token is 24 digit number. I don't understand why this happens. And when I tried to use online version it actually works. But I already paid for the software so doesn't make sense to pay for online version again. 

Query ID: Minimum one character (excluding spaces) and maximum of 32 characters.

Token: Minimum one character (excluding spaces) and maximum of 171 characters.

Thank you,

JS.

See the screenshot below.  Within my InterActive Brokers account (Third-Party Services page) , I have tried removing and re-enabling TurboTax.  [In so doing, the token number remains the same, but the Query ID changes to a new six-digit number.]  This appears to be a TurboTax problem, not an Interactive Brokers problem.

2022-03-21_failed-import-message.GIF

My apologies for my mistake for the import problem from Interactive Brokers:  I had put the 24-digit number  for the Token in the Query ID field, and I had put the 6-digit number for the Query ID in the Token field.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies