Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jimmac444

There were errors in the download of dividend and capital gains information from broker but TurboTax will not let me correct same. How do I correct such download errors?

How do I correct information on stock sales and dividends if the downloaded info is incorrect?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

There were errors in the download of dividend and capital gains information from broker but TurboTax will not let me correct same. How do I correct such download errors?

If you click on file (left top corner of TT) you will see an option to remove imported data. Click on this and check the list which opens for the source of the erroneous information. Check this box to delete. Hopefully, your brokerage has up-dated their information on new downloadable forms. So you can then populate your TT forms with the correct data. This will spare you the trouble of checking for errors.

If you click on file (left top corner of TT) you will see an option to remove imported data. Click on this and check the list which opens for the source of the erroneous information. Check this box to delete. Hopefully, your brokerage has up-dated their information on new downloadable forms. So you can then populate your TT forms with the correct data. This will spare you the trouble of checking for errors.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies