Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I uploaded my 1099-DIV from acorns and turbotax says my gains are missing, but there is nothing in the actual document that gives me this info.

I had my information uploaded by connecting turbotax to my acorns account. It uploaded the document just fine. But as I continued forward it eventually said that I was missing info. It needed me to select my gains percentages and fill in the needed info, but my tax document doesn't have this information at all. Where would I find this? I clicked continue and it let me skip past it but should I have done that? Does this need to be filled out?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I uploaded my 1099-DIV from acorns and turbotax says my gains are missing, but there is nothing in the actual document that gives me this info.

I determined that the 'exclusion percentage' did not apply to my income.  See Learn more at the screen Which exclusion percentage do you see...

Then, I removed the income by clicking on the trashcan to the right of the income.  Performed a Federal Review.  Then, I downloaded the income a second time from my provider.

Since the 'exclusion' entry does not apply to my income, in TurboTax Online, I was able to remove the 'exclusion' screen by deleting the $0 entries in the boxes below the title Less common items.

Then I unselected My form has info in other boxes

I Continued through the software without the 'exclusion' screen coming up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies