turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sold some Stock Options in BG-Group (UK listed stock) in 2016. Deloitte sent transaction report with Taxes were withheld based upon a 25% US Tax rate. How do I file?

All details of stock sale are given in GBP
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I sold some Stock Options in BG-Group (UK listed stock) in 2016. Deloitte sent transaction report with Taxes were withheld based upon a 25% US Tax rate. How do I file?

You translate the GBP as of the sale date.

You use the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" interview and tell TurboTax no 1099-B was received.

If you know what you're doing it's much easier to select "Stocks" on the "Choose the type of investment you sold" page rather than one of the employee stock plan step by step interviews, but they are there if you want to use them.

If that "Taxes" figure is referring to UK taxes you'll need to enter that information using the "Foreign Taxes" interview in the "Deductions & Credits" area.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You translate the GBP as of the sale date.

You use the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" interview and tell TurboTax no 1099-B was received.

If you know what you're doing it's much easier to select "Stocks" on the "Choose the type of investment you sold" page rather than one of the employee stock plan step by step interviews, but they are there if you want to use them.

If that "Taxes" figure is referring to UK taxes you'll need to enter that information using the "Foreign Taxes" interview in the "Deductions & Credits" area.

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies