Solved: I rented my vacation home for one month in 2018. I put in utility cost for that month in expense, but the expense summary at the end only showed fraction of it. Why?

I rented my vacation home for one month in 2018. I put in utility cost for that month in expense, but the expense summary at the end only showed fraction of it. Why?

It seems the amount is prorated by the number of days I rented. I am not sure, but if that's the case, as my monthly utility cost fluctuate a lot so I can't simply put in total amount I paid for the year. What should I do?

The system takes what your expenses were the entire year for the rental, and then calculates the amount that you are able to use based on the days rented. Get the total number for your utility cost for the year and the program will do the calculation. 

Thank you, but I have wildly different utility cost during winter and Summer.  So simple prorating doesn't work. Can I adjust the amount manually?

You can.

OK. Thank you.