Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mstookey

I received coal royalties as nominee & got a 1099Misc from the lessor for 100%. I sent 1099misc forms to the other owners. How do I report both the gross & net amounts?

I own about 5% of the property but receive a 1099misc for 100% of the royalties under my SSN because I am payment agent.  I distribute the remaining 95% to the other owners and send them form 1099misc for their share.  The IRS says I need to report both the gross number and show and an adjustment to get the net number that represents my share.  How do I do this in TurboTax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received coal royalties as nominee & got a 1099Misc from the lessor for 100%. I sent 1099misc forms to the other owners. How do I report both the gross & net amounts?

Show the 100% of the 1099Misc for Royalties Income on your return (as IRS matches these documents.  Then take a deduction under "Other: expenses,  and list that person's name(s) and dollar amount(s).  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Show the 100% of the 1099Misc for Royalties Income on your return (as IRS matches these documents.  Then take a deduction under "Other: expenses,  and list that person's name(s) and dollar amount(s).  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies