user99694

I received a 1099-m from manag. co. I also received a 1099-m from the foundation that is paying the rent as an aid to the tenant. If I don't report 1 would IRS flag me?

I use a rental management company for my rental property. They send me a 1099-MISC.  My property under management is rented out to someone who is getting aid from a foundation to pay rent.  That foundation also send me a 1099-MISC.  If I report both then I will get taxes twice, if I don't will IRS flag that I did not report a 1099? This is my first year filing with this foundation/management combination.  Thanks!

view2

Report both then in the "other expense" list the foundation 1099 as an expense and with description duplicate rental income to Tenant ''name the tenant" 

view2