turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased a house in a different state last year that was already operating as a vacation rental. I retained the manager, but created a LLC. Where do I put the income?

The LLC was created for liability purposes, and the income was deposited (once set up) to a business account.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

I purchased a house in a different state last year that was already operating as a vacation rental. I retained the manager, but created a LLC. Where do I put the income?

For income tax purposes, a single member LLC is a disregarded entity.  You report the income on your personal tax return as normal income.  For rental income, this means the income and expenses are reported on Schedule E.

In TurboTax (TT), enter at:
- Federal Taxes tab (Personal in  Home & Business)

- Wages & Income

Scroll down to:

-Rentals & Royalties

Carl
Level 15

Nothing concerning the rental is reported on SCH C. So if the rental property is the only thing your LLC has that produces income, you have nothing to report on SCH C. All rental income/expenses will be reported on SCH E.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies