Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

umoessien

I personally don't have a car and I used car rental service for my business. Can I deduct the expense?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I personally don't have a car and I used car rental service for my business. Can I deduct the expense?

Yes.

On your Schedule C (Form 1040)

Travel (Line 24a) Travel costs related to business trips (e.g. lodging, airfare or rental cars, local transportation). The travel must be overnight, away from your residence and primarily for business.

Rent or Lease (vehicles, equipment) (Line 20a) Rent or lease payments on business property not owned by you (e.g. machines, equipment, vehicles).

For a complete list:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/professional/complete-list-of-self-employed-expenses-and-tax-deducti...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes.

On your Schedule C (Form 1040)

Travel (Line 24a) Travel costs related to business trips (e.g. lodging, airfare or rental cars, local transportation). The travel must be overnight, away from your residence and primarily for business.

Rent or Lease (vehicles, equipment) (Line 20a) Rent or lease payments on business property not owned by you (e.g. machines, equipment, vehicles).

For a complete list:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/professional/complete-list-of-self-employed-expenses-and-tax-deducti...

My goodness! I have been searching for hours on where to put thousands of dollars that we have paid towards a 26 ft box truck rental to support our appliance delivery and installation business! This helped so much.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies