ann432

I need to give a 1099-Misc. to a person who worked on my rental property last year. Can I do that with Turbotax?

JaimeG

Yes you can create 1099-MISC and W2s with your TurboTax Self-Employed account. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Log into your TurboTax Online Account and select your 2016 return form the TImeline
  2. In the Welcome Screen you will find, under Manage Your Return, an option to Create W2s and 1099s, Click on this option.
  3. The program will take you to another Portal name Quick Employer. This is the tool offered by Intuit to create and e-file these forms.

Please note that these forms must be filed with the IRS by January 31, 2017. You will need certain information from the Independent Contractor. This information is collected by having them fill out Form W-9. For you convenience I have placed a link to this form below: