o_almonte02

I installed an electrical meter on my rental property. Is that considered an expense or do I have to depreciate it over 27 years?

view2

Improvements to a building system are deemed an improvement to the building as a whole. You capitalize the improvement cost into the UOP of the building. [27.5 years depreciation]

Electrical systems (including wiring, outlets, junction boxes, lighting fixtures and associated connectors, and site utility equipment used to distribute electricity from property line to and between buildings and other permanent structures);

view2