adrebol

I have trade confirmation forms but that's all I have in regards to money made from trading stocks. Do I need anything else and how do I claim my sales with the trade confirmations.

MargaretL

You can enter your stock sale using trade confirmations, although I would first check with your brokerage why you have not received form 1099-B - as the form usually reports all your trading.

If in fact you should not have received form 1099-B, use below data entry to report your stocks sale, you will be able to indicate that you have no 1099-B and proceed with the entry using just your confirmation forms.

1. Federal Taxes 
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Investment Income
  4. Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other - follow the prompts, you will be able to indicate that you have NOT received form 1099-B and enter information on your stock sale.

MargaretL

1. Federal Taxes 
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Investment Income