Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have rental property in Oregon but wages only from California: Does Oregon need my W2?

We have a rental property in Oregon, but we live and work in California.  I am doing Oregon State Taxes (all loss this year, no payment) and the form is asking for all my W2's.  Line 7 of OR-40-N says 0.00 wages in the Oregon Column.

Do I have to include a copy of my W2, which only reflects work in California?

Because I'm going to be doing this for several more years, I'd rather not be sending them something they don't need.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have rental property in Oregon but wages only from California: Does Oregon need my W2?

No, you only need to provide Oregon information pertaining to your Oregon sourced income.

You do not need to include a copy of your W2 if it reflects only your work in California. 

For more information on Oregon Non-Resident tax returns, follow this link: OR Filing Requirements

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, you only need to provide Oregon information pertaining to your Oregon sourced income.

You do not need to include a copy of your W2 if it reflects only your work in California. 

For more information on Oregon Non-Resident tax returns, follow this link: OR Filing Requirements

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies