turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have income from renting a house I own. It was easy last year to enter property tax and other expenses. How can I enter that this year with TurboTax Premier download?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DarrickB
Intuit Alumni

I have income from renting a house I own. It was easy last year to enter property tax and other expenses. How can I enter that this year with TurboTax Premier download?

Here is a TurboTax FAQ that will help you get to the form to enter the rental income.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288530

What are you talking about? TurboTax doesn't have Search or Jump To or anything of the kind. TurboTax only has question and answer. When I enter the rental income section, there is no way to enter anything but the 1099-MISC rental income. There is no possibility to enter expenses, property tax, etc. Last year's program worked just fine in that regard. This year's does not. How can I make it work?
DarrickB
Intuit Alumni

Apologies that is not working for you, can you try this?

Go to My Account > Tools > Topic Search
Type rental in the search box and click Go.
Answer Yes to Do you want to review your rental and royalty information.
Proceed through the entire interview to enter your rental property information and enter income and expenses.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies