Jesse88

I have a rental property a depreciation of $8000(Turbo calculated for me). can I put less depreciation than $8000? thanks!

DS30

No - The IRS requires that you claim the correct amount of deprecation every year and will assume that you do claim the correct amount  (whether you actually do or not).

Therefore if you have entered all the rental asset information correctly (including any prior year depreciation), then the amount calculated would be the correct amount that you are required to claim in the current year.

DS30