I have a Pine Plantation tree farm and I have signed a contract to lease land for a cell tower. I will receive monthly rental income where do I show this income.

Do I show this as miscellaneous farm income, or on schedule E? I have a farming loss on the years I do not cut timber, if shown on schedule E can the farming loss be used against the rental income?

It is income on the Sch F if it is part of the farm property. Otherwise it goes on the Sch E and the profit on one will balance the other on the form 1040. 

Thanks for the help!

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing