Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmrusch61

I have a capital loss carry over from year to year I didn't see anywhere to enter thst this year

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

I have a capital loss carry over from year to year I didn't see anywhere to enter thst this year

If you type Capital Loss Carryover into the search bar, TurboTax will give you a link that will "jump" you to the input section of TurboTax for the capital loss carryover.  

If you transferred last year's TurboTax return over, you don't have to do a thing – we've already entered it for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SharonC1

If you type Capital Loss Carryover into the search bar, TurboTax will give you a link that will "jump" you to the input section of TurboTax for the capital loss carryover.  

If you transferred last year's TurboTax return over, you don't have to do a thing – we've already entered it for you.

lmrusch61

I cannot find a search feature. Is there a way to see it before I file it should have carried over
SharonC1

The search feature is a magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen.  If you click on that magnifying glass, the box to type in will pop up.  
If your capital loss carryover is in the program, you should be able to see it if you click on the Federal tab, then select Wages and Income.  The capital loss carryover should be listed.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies