Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mosleyrs

I have > 4000 capital asset sales, the online turbotax is telling me I need to remove some of them and replace them with a summary. Is that just attaching another 8949?

not sure specifically how to do what it's asking me to do..."remove some of the non covered sales...They can be replaced by entering a summary and attaching a statement to [my] return..."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have > 4000 capital asset sales, the online turbotax is telling me I need to remove some of them and replace them with a summary. Is that just attaching another 8949?

Where in the program is it asking you to do that?

mosleyrs

it happens in the last validation step.

what i've done is removed all the itemized transactions from TurboTax, consolidated it down to a single Proceeds/Basis line item, then plan on sending in a separate 8949....does that sound right?

Correct procedure. I am not certain why the program is requesting that, however.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies