Solved: I had to get a personal loan for a piece of equipment for my business(LLC). The business makes the payments on it, do I write the payment off as equipment rental ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to get a personal loan for a piece of equipment for my business(LLC). The business makes the payments on it, do I write the payment off as equipment rental ?

First year in business so I couldn't get a loan through the company so I got one personally for a skid steer and attachment. The company had made most of the payments on it. since I don't own it out right and its not in the company's name would I write the payments off as equipment rental?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had to get a personal loan for a piece of equipment for my business(LLC). The business makes the payments on it, do I write the payment off as equipment rental ?

It looks like you are a single member LLC fliing on Schedule C.  As far as the IRS is concerned, you and your business are one in the same.  I would treat it as if the loan and the equipment as if the business had borrowed the money and bought the equipment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It looks like you are a single member LLC fliing on Schedule C.  As far as the IRS is concerned, you and your business are one in the same.  I would treat it as if the loan and the equipment as if the business had borrowed the money and bought the equipment.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings