wbehenna

I downloaded stock sale info from broker that has Zero wash sale errors. How can I correct this downloaded information?

How can I change the information that I downloaded from broker?
easterlee

I have the same problem.  I get Federal Review errors for all wash sales disallowed under $.50, which means everything is rounded down to zero and these wash sales are not accounted for.  What is the workaround, please?

JohnB5677

The error message you are seeing on the wash sale entries is a result of automatic rounding.  If the wash sale adjustment is $0.49 or less, then it is automatically rounded to zero.  This type of rounding is allowed by the IRS. 

Unfortunately, zero is not a valid value for this field for TurboTax, thus the error message.

To resolve this, you can edit each transaction and delete the amount entered in the wash sale creating a "null" as opposed to a Zero. 

This will resolve the error message

1099B Wash sale populated zero during import.Check... (intuit.com)