Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am entering some expenses/assets(depreciation) for a rental home. I keep entering them, saving, and it shows as "not started" and the amount is $0, should be $500.

I have tried safari and chrome. I have 7 sub categories, and only 3 are saving the amounts.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am entering some expenses/assets(depreciation) for a rental home. I keep entering them, saving, and it shows as "not started" and the amount is $0, should be $500.

Please clear the cache on your web browser, as well as delete your cookies

Please let us know if you need additional assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It did not work. I've used 2 different brewers as well, nothing helps.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Did you Set Up your Rental Home as an Asset in the Assets/Depreciation section?

Here's more info on Depreciation of Rental Assets.  

Click this link for details on Depreciation that may help you. 

Yes, it's all there and entered correctly. This is my 5th year inputting rental income. There are about 7 categories in which I have input amounts for, all the ones here that say "not started" actually have amounts tied to them. When you click "start", the amounts are actually in there.Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 2.33.03 PM.png

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Seems like just a display issue if the amounts are actually in there.  Maybe TurboTax Support can help. 

I am experiencing the same issue. I did not get that issue last year. I do not think it is a display error. I tried playing with numbers but the State and Federal refund number does not change.  Pls resolve it ASAP.

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 5.29.00 PM.png

HopeS
Expert Alumni

Try clearing Cache using the following link to clear your browsing history:

How to Clear Cache

Once you clear Cache, reenter the expenses again in the Categories.  If they still don't display, enter them at the end of the Rental Expense Interview and add the expenses in "Miscellaneous Expenses" instead.  Let us know if this workaround does not work.

@Antares Chen 

@jennyjenny99 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies