troymanske

I am entering 1099B info into turbotax and the "Date Acquired" box is blank. Turbotax is prompting to fill in the box and giving me an error. What should I do?

I do not have a "Date Acquired" on my 1099B (it is blank).  How do I get around this in the turbotax program?
ThomasM125

You do need to enter a date acquired, as that is used to determine if the sale is long term (held for more than one year) or short term (purchased and sold in less than one year). The important thing is to choose a date that will reflect if the sale is long term or short term, so if you don't know the exact date you should choose one that will give you the correct holding period, one year or more than one year.

ratings image
troymanske

Thank you.