June 1, 2019 12:41 PM
Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.
Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
- In TurboTax, search for "1099-B" or "1099B" (lower-case also works) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you sell any investments in 2017?
- If you see Here's the investment sales info we have so far, select Add More Sales.
- If you're in Free Edition or Online Deluxe, follow the instructions to upgrade to Premier.
- Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
- When you get to Choose your bank or brokerage or Let Us Enter Your Investment Sale Info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (import or type it in yourself).
- Follow the onscreen instructions.