Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How to enter 1099B tax-exempt Bond?

2 Replies
Intuit Alumni

How to enter 1099B tax-exempt Bond?

Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.

Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:

  1. Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for "1099-B" or "1099B" (lower-case also works) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell any investments in 2017?
    • If you see Here's the investment sales info we have so far, select Add More Sales.
    • If you're in Free Edition or Online Deluxe, follow the instructions to upgrade to Premier.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. When you get to Choose your bank or brokerage or Let Us Enter Your Investment Sale Info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (import or type it in yourself).
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Related Information:

New Member

How to enter 1099B tax-exempt Bond?

I did this for a sale of some VCADX, and then TurboTax reduced my refund. It appears that TurboTax does not handle tax exempt bond funds properly.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings