Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter costs for a Central Air Conditioning System I had installed in 2023? I only see options for Solar and Heat Pumps but not improvements like doors etc.?

I'm only seeing options for Solar and heat pumps there is no option for doors, windows, or air-conditioning units - can someone assist?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

How do I enter costs for a Central Air Conditioning System I had installed in 2023? I only see options for Solar and Heat Pumps but not improvements like doors etc.?

As you progress through this section of your return, there will be several categories to go through one at a time.  You may have to answer some qualification questions before you will see the options for each category.  Be sure to read each screen carefully.  If you do not see what you are looking for, double check the answers to the questions from the beginning of the section.  If you do not qualify for a certain category based on your answers, then you will not see that page.

Go to Federal > Deductions & Credits > Your Home > Home Energy Credits to get started.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

As you progress through this section of your return, there will be several categories to go through one at a time.  You may have to answer some qualification questions before you will see the options for each category.  Be sure to read each screen carefully.  If you do not see what you are looking for, double check the answers to the questions from the beginning of the section.  If you do not qualify for a certain category based on your answers, then you will not see that page.

Go to Federal > Deductions & Credits > Your Home > Home Energy Credits to get started.

Got it! Thought it would be -before- the solar/heat pump section.

Hello,

I installed a new Central air/heat system in 2022 but did not enter the expense in 2022. Am I able to claim it in 2023?  Please advise.

Thank you!

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

No, any home energy credit must be claimed in the year that the installation was completed.  You would need to amend your 2022 return in order to claim any home energy credit you were qualified to receive.

@boonlai4 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies