joncatania

How do I ensure Turbotax includes depreciation for my rental property on my returns? I noticed in previous years this has not been included on schedule E.

tagteam

Did you set up your rental property in the Assets/Depreciation section under Rental Properties and Royalties? If so, the proper depreciation deduction should be calculated and carried forward to each successive tax year in TurboTax.

d1.png

zackofot

Is their a section in rental portion of Turbo Tax to depreciate a rental property?

@zackofot wrote:

You must enter the rental property as an Asset to be depreciated in the rentals section of the program.

Rental Summary - Assets and Depreciation.JPG