Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Form 4835 farm rental

I was advised on a trust that I need to include a copy of a Form 4835 Farm Rental Income and Expenses with my return this year.  I do not know where to enter the values in the program
1 Reply
New Member

Form 4835 farm rental

Did you receive a K-1 from the trust? If so, that would be entered differently than the instructions below.

If you received a share of the crop as rental income (known as share crop rental income) then sold it, you would report the income on form 4835.

If you received a monetary (cash) payment as rental income, even from a farm, it is reported in Rental Property and Royalties (schedule E).

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies