turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1099B

I have 5 separate bank/brokerage accounts which sent me forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV for each one.  I was therefore able to enter the amounts separately for each account.

I also received a Form 1099B for each account.  However, the program only allows me to create a 1099B worksheet for ONE account.  How do I enter the information for all 5 accounts ?

Thanks, Bob

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Form 1099B

Enter investment sales using the Step-by-Step interview, not in forms mode. Entering investment sales in forms mode is very complicated and error-prone. It's very hard to do it correctly.

When you enter your investment sales in the Step-by-Step interview, when you finish entering the sales for one account, you will get a screen that asks "Do you have other investment sales from another bank or brokerage?" When you click Yes on that screen it will start the process over for the next account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Form 1099B

Enter investment sales using the Step-by-Step interview, not in forms mode. Entering investment sales in forms mode is very complicated and error-prone. It's very hard to do it correctly.

When you enter your investment sales in the Step-by-Step interview, when you finish entering the sales for one account, you will get a screen that asks "Do you have other investment sales from another bank or brokerage?" When you click Yes on that screen it will start the process over for the next account.

Form 1099B

Thank you.  

I will try that.

Bob

Form 1099B

That worked.  Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies