turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing Taxes without K-1 what should I do with the K-1 in Turbo Tax from the previous year

I am waiting on my K-1 but I need to file my taxes.  Turbo Tax has the entries for the K-1 from the previous year.  What should I do with those entries?  Should I delete them or leave them in but don't add any info to them?  I am concern that if I delete them the carry-over data will also be deleted.  I plan to submit an amended return once the K-1 info is available.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Filing Taxes without K-1 what should I do with the K-1 in Turbo Tax from the previous year

I'm not sure how the entries got on your form K-1 from the previous year, but you probably don't want to delete the form. I suggest you review the entries and if you think they are reasonable, proceed with your tax return preparation. When you are finished, file an extension for your return and pay in any tax due with the extension. When you get the missing K-1 form, edit your entries and then file your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I'm not sure how the entries got on your form K-1 from the previous year, but you probably don't want to delete the form. I suggest you review the entries and if you think they are reasonable, proceed with your tax return preparation. When you are finished, file an extension for your return and pay in any tax due with the extension. When you get the missing K-1 form, edit your entries and then file your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies