debra-welsh

Can you please advise as to why every time I put an expense for my rental home my tax return payment lowers. Expenses such as landscaping, painting, repair work and suc

Carl

If you are using the program the way it's designed and intended to be used, more than likely that is not your refund you see going down. It's your tax due (what you owe the IRS) going down.  Just keep going. That number means nothing to you until *AFTER* you have completed your return in it's entirety. Remember, the program can only work with the information you've entered into it, at *this* *specific* *point* *in* *time*. Heck, you've not even gotten to the Deductions and Credits tab yet. Just keep going.

Carl