Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vester694

Can I get a separate appraisal for loss of value to landscaping and claim that loss on a rental property damaged during Hurricane Florence?

I will be getting an appraisal for the loss of FMV of the home, but wish to also get an appraisal for the decreased value of the landscaping. It is a rental home, not personal.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I get a separate appraisal for loss of value to landscaping and claim that loss on a rental property damaged during Hurricane Florence?

Not sure how they would do an appraisal of something that is no longer there and you cant do any "comps" on, but would be a great question for the appraiser that comes out for the house.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
vester694

There are companies that will do forensic valuations based on photos and other evidence of damage and/or comparisons of the property before & after the storm. I have read several places about separate landscape appraisals for business property only. Thanks.
Anita01

Actually, the FMV is for the property as a whole, not just the building or the landscaping, but what the property as a whole would sell for.  If you have photos of the property prior to the damage, I'm sure that would be helpful, otherwise, the appraiser will use an estimate of the average yard or grounds value for the neighborhood.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies