turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I delete the entries into rents and royalties if I entered the same info into my real estate business?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

Can I delete the entries into rents and royalties if I entered the same info into my real estate business?

Delete what? rental income? Royalty Income? Some other income or expense having to with either rental income or royalty income? You need to give details.

What type of real estate business? A sole proprietorship or single member LLC that files SCH C as a physical part of your personal tax return? An S-Corp that files an 1120-S? A partnership or multi-member LLC that files a 1065? A C-Corp that files an 1120?

Basically, rental income and rental expenses are entered on SCH E *no* *matter* *what*. For example, if your business is a parntership or multi-member LLC that files a 1065 Partnership return, *AND* the partnership or multi-member LLC owns the rental (both conditions must be met) then the rental income/expenses is reported on SCH E as a part of the 1065 Partnership return.

Now I'm not going to cover the multitude of probabilities here, as I'd be writing a multi-volume encyclopedia. So please provide more details.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies