bankrupt lender

bankrupt lender

ditech went bankrupt and need my 1098 from 2018. how can I get a new one issued if the website no longer exists 

bankrupt lender

Are you asking about a mortgage lender?  Did the lender go bankrupt or was your mortgage sold to a different lender? Who are you now making your mortgage payments to?  That is who you should be asking for a 1098.

bankrupt lender

Ditech went bankrupt and I paid my mortgage of prior to knowing. I never received a 1098. I tried to go to the lender that it would of been transferred to but because I was never generated an account number they can't help me.

bankrupt lender

That sounds like a load of baloney.  If the mortgage loan was taken over by another lender they have to have records or how else would they know how much you still owe, how much you are supposed to pay, your interest rate, etc.?  If you are making mortgage payments to the "new" lender then call them again and ask to talk to a supervisor.  It sounds like you talked to a low level employee who was not helpful.