Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home loans
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
We have recently "rented" a portion of our home to our special needs son. The sched E worksheet looks correct based on percentage - however when I review the return the mortgage interest is double (ie looks like we are paying $17k, but we are not. Ho... read more
hskrgrl0605 ‎Posted Wednesday
Do my husband and I need a down payment? We would like to purchase a home and both of our credit scores are over 700. Is it truly necessary to have a down payment?
Secollins23 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by VolvoGirl
I have a mortgage secured in 2019 and less than $750k. I am answering the question 'no, none of these apply to me' and when I hit continue the program automatically adjusts the answer to 'yes, one or both of these situations applies to me'. When I re... read more
kchan ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DoninGA
I want to buy the perperty I have my mobile home on but I don’t know what kind of loan to apply for I’m thinking the loan only needs to be for 25000.. and I was wanting to know how much I should have for the down payment
Jodyjodevore1 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
My mother owns the house my fiance and I currently live in. We (the three of us) would like to sell the home and my mother wants to use the profits as a down payment on our new home; she will be the third co-borrower/ a non-occupying borrower. Would ... read more
MC_2016 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by RobertG
How can I view 2017 tax copies?
Pinklebot ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by MinhT1
Why turbotax is not adding my 2018 PMI deduction? I'm trying to amend but TurboTax is not calculating my deduction. My jointly AGI is under 100.000, it is my first home, first mortgage.
claudioluaratax0 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VictoriaD75
How do I amend my 2018 federal taxes to account for the "mortgage insurance premiums"?
SPT58 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VictoriaD75
We refinanced home in Dec. 2019 and paid property tax $1,558.00 at closing for 6 months, do I deduct the whole amount on my 2019 taxes or just one month?
silasnic43 ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by Opus 17
I need to know if I can purchase a new home in the next 6 months or so.
rmonell58 ‎Posted 4 weeks ago
I purchased a home several years ago with my own money as down payment and I was the sole name on the mortgage. My fiance and I recently sold that home for a good profit, moved state, and purchased a new home (the state is now Arizona, if that info i... read more
Lins_ ‎Posted January 23, 2019 | Latest post 4 weeks ago by DaveT315
With regards to below explanation I read on another post, please explain how you would even show that the funds were used to buy or build your primary home? Besides answering the question in turbo tax how does anyone know how you used the money? In m... read more
vze56v6x ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by Opus 17
My question actually comes in 2 parts: 1) My parents live abroad and are not US citizens or Green Card holders. They would like to support a down payment for our house, but due to annual gifting limitations in their home country, they will not be abl... read more
priss88c ‎Posted April 29, 2020 | Latest post May 3, 2020 by Opus 17
I refinanced my home and got extra to renovate. I paid $5900 points. Within a week it was sold to another lender. Turbo tax told me in the help section that under those conditions I deduct the entire amount rather than amortize. The points are report... read more
MoreDisgusted ‎Posted April 25, 2020 | Latest post April 28, 2020 by MoreDisgusted
loan balance exceeds home loan $474,833.72 12/14/2012 sold 8/5/ 2019 Int of $9838.52 New loan $740,043 9/5/2019 pts $8325 Acquired loan $740,043 10/23/2019 int $6465. It is asking if one or both apply for either going over the $750 limit for this yea... read more
disneycruiser ‎Posted April 23, 2020 | Latest post April 27, 2020 by NCperson
Top Contributors