Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home loans
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I refinanced my house in 2019 to get my ex-husband off the loan and to buy him out. I received two 1098 forms. Am I supposed to use both of them or just the one with only my name (the other has both of our names)?
martawo ‎Posted 3 hours ago
Hi, At the end of Federal Taxes section, I remember I answer a question about points. After that, my mortgage interests were removed from my deduction. Do you know why did it happen? Did I answer the question wrong? Thanks,James
jlamyi ‎Posted 9 hours ago
I have a home mortgage loan taken in 2009. Took the standard interest deduction each year until this year when the IRS update says we must report any part of the loan that was used for something besides the property that secures the loan. In my case,... read more
JG1114 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 20 hours ago by NCperson
I have been waiting waaaaay too long for a very simple Return and this is ridiculous guys come on
Plemons09876 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by VolvoGirl
Where and how do I enter Pre-paid interest (Odd Days) on my return? It is not included in the 1098.
MacMondo ‎Posted yesterday
Can you help me with a home loan?
Abbyabby2018 ‎Posted yesterday
I refinanced this year. It was not a “cash out” loan. However, when I did the refi, the lender rolled the amount for the impound account into the new mortgage, so the balance ended up about $9,000 higher than the previous mortgage balance. does this ... read more
CCap ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by NCperson
Where do I input my rental property expenses for TurboTax Premier? I have added the income earned in wages/income, but I cannot find where I can put all of the home repairs that we did before the tenant moved in. Any help would be appreciated.
sepalacios30 ‎Posted Thursday
How do I get approved for a house loan if I have a very low credit score and quite a bit of debt?
Crysi329 ‎Posted August 15, 2018 | Latest post Wednesday by Icecapades1969
Hello, my main residence is in Washington State and I own a rental property in Arizona. I’m considering a cash out refinance on my rental property in AZ: will all interests be tax deductible regardless of where I spend the money from the cash out (si... read more
Flobert ‎Posted October 19, 2018 | Latest post Tuesday by eddielo
I bought my home in 2016 with a $950k mortgage and filed joint married. I deducted all interest paid in 2016. In 2018 my wife passed away. I filed joint in 2018 and deducted all interest paid in 2018.For 2109, I am filing as single (widowed), I refin... read more
bobreynolds3pin ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by NCperson
I live in apartment in NY but have a house in NJ where my in-laws stay. I pay half the mortgage for that house but my wife's parents (who live there) claim the house on their return (last 2 years). This year i am planning to claim it on my tax return... read more
Rakesh ‎Posted Monday
We had various loans that we paid off when we refinanced with another bank. As I put in the mortgage interest we paid, they now think that we have loans over 1 million dollars. My new loan has a box to check if this was paid off by another bank but n... read more
rjnagamine ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Monday by jdtaylor2150
Hi my husband and I are wanting to take our tax money and get a FHA's loan and purchase a house he has got his credit score to 590 anyone have any advice or is this even possible or what can we do we have 3 children living in a small apartment it's t... read more
Csonger35 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by NCperson
Title says it all, but I'm looking for a five year plan. How can I save enough for a down payment? And what other things can I do, over these next five years, to prepare me (credit score improvement, etc.)? Give it to me straight Team. (oh, and some ... read more
Level 3 JesseJ ‎Posted August 3, 2018 | Latest post Sunday by Lynx_TWO
Top Contributors