Home loans
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home loans
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Given the low mortgage interest environment in 2020 I'm sure this will be a major issue for a lot of users. Similar to the same 2019 error, if you had one or more refinances in 2020 the Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet will not calculate c... read more
Monsterdaddy ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by cb641
I have a home loan with Huntington Bank and a 1098 form for 2020. I go into the deductions & credits section. Get to this section where it tells me to find my bank. Let's import your tax infoWe’ll help you find and import info from your bank or finan... read more
RedIsNotBlue1 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
I am the lender on the home loan/mortgage for my child/their spouse. It meets all the proper criteria (loan is secured by property, loan doc exists, formalized, etc.) for deductibility. They purchased the land outright and used the money I loaned the... read more
Ace7 ‎Posted Monday
I have several 1098's because we had our loan with one company, then we refinanced and the company we refi'd with then sold our loan to another company. When entering the info the question that asks 'it is the original loan you took out to purchase t... read more
SR1515 ‎Posted Monday
If I max at the standard deduction, does that mean I show put my mortgage interest in the adjusted for interest on my state taxes. Since I cannot itemized, I do not believe I get a mortgage interest deduction, so I may need to adjust my stat interest... read more
thechadley1987 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by JotikaT2
I was working on my taxes and when I got to the section of mortgage interest it took me to a screen where I had to enter my bank and login and password to get 1098 forms uploaded. I was reluctant on entering the information because I have been the vi... read more
fattgar55 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by ErnieS0
I’m looking for a loan on my equity how do I get that 
My57 ‎Posted December 16, 2020 | Latest post December 16, 2020 by DoninGA
Gaylejanine ‎Posted November 30, 2020 | Latest post November 30, 2020 by DoninGA
Hello!I need help with the following situation and would appreciate some input:I have 160k cash availableI have a 240k mortgage at a high rate (4.5%) Should I:a) pay down my mortgage immediately with 160k, then refinance on a 80k mortgage.b) refinanc... read more
magicrobots ‎Posted November 16, 2020 | Latest post November 20, 2020 by magicrobots
I own a condo in NYC. I believe this is considered real property since it is not a coop (I have a mortgage and pay property taxes directly). I converted this over to rental property last year and TT is asking for the Land Value. The Notice of Propert... read more
evgirl ‎Posted October 11, 2020 | Latest post November 13, 2020 by Critter-3
relrodjr ‎Posted November 13, 2020 | Latest post November 13, 2020 by Critter-3
sgarc90 ‎Posted November 3, 2020 | Latest post November 3, 2020 by Critter-3
I know this has been discussed but all the situations I read are all a little different, so U just wanted to ask. We are purchasing my parents second home. Payoff is around 155 to them, its valued in the mid 200's. We wanted to use the gift of equity... read more
Shaff79 ‎Posted October 15, 2020 | Latest post October 19, 2020 by Opus 17
ditech went bankrupt and need my 1098 from 2018. how can I get a new one issued if the website no longer exists
nt2smrt ‎Posted September 14, 2020 | Latest post September 25, 2020 by xmasbaby0
Privacy Settings