Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home loans
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Good Afternoon,I own a home with my in-laws and my wife (4 people on the title), My wife and I pay all the payments. How do I account for this in the program? Do I show they own a home? Do I give them credit for payments of taxes and interest that th... read more
Harley76543 ‎Posted Sunday
On our 1098 form, it is written in box 6, we paid $1117 points.In your Tax Guidance it is written "Note: If you purchased your home in 2020 or refinanced it to make improvements, we'll deduct all of your points on your current tax return rather than ... read more
dinur ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Friday by AmyC
I bought a home last year from the owner to whom I make payments for the purchase. How do I claim the interest I paid the owner for holding the mortgage on my home.
CSK49 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by DMarkM1
We refinanced in 2020. I have a 1098 from the original loan and a 1098 from the new lender. The original Outstanding mortgage principal was 172,626. The new amount is 202,000. Do I add these together, or enter them seperatly?
Ginalu22 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Tuesday by JotikaT2
Hi. In 2014, I refinanced my rental property but forgot to set up amortization schedule and thus have not written off any of the fees. In 2020, I refinanced again and just now found that mistake. Total fees from the 2014 loan were $3,000 ($100 per ye... read more
JCOX3PASA1 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by ThomasM125
I have 2 homes I pay mortgages on in turbotax, i entered in the first loan Interest of 14871.97Then on my 2nd home, i Refinanced during the year.The first loan says 15939.38 interest payedthe 2ndloan(refinancing the first) i paid 4993.39 for a total ... read more
BruceBrand ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by jlperez77
Hello. I like to know if I qualify for a home loan. First time purchasing. Thank you Christy Overbay
Cjoel100 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by xmasbaby0
My return was excepted on 5 April how long will it be before it gets to my bank account
ADbrat7 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by xmasbaby0
I have 2 homes on the same lot, I rent one and live in one, how do I state that on my taxes?
dirchu ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by ColeenD3
I plan to take over my parents house by paying the remaining mortgage. They bought this house for $100,000. This was their primary house and will be our primary house. FMV $550,000remaining mortgage $350,000gift of equity $200,000 Questions:1. There ... read more
Loaner ‎Posted 4 weeks ago
I refinanced an existing mortgage in July 2020. TurboTax prompted me to combine the Box 1 mortgage interest from both 1098 Forms in the worksheet for the loan I paid off. No problem there. However, TurboTax also prompted me to enter the Box 2 Outstan... read more
EAM76 ‎Posted April 1, 2021 | Latest post 4 weeks ago by JJ125
Gaylejanine ‎Posted November 30, 2020 | Latest post 4 weeks ago by orellanare
Need the cost basis on a property that was gifted to me by family member. I rented the property from July 2015 to May 2018 when family member signed over the deed. I Sold the property on August 2019. Would the cost basis be the purchase price of the ... read more
bills6 ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by tagteam
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings