Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AS80
Returning Member

Tech support, not tax support

Please help. Your software is glitching for me in rental property section. I enter the data in the fields but the software doesn't add up the numbers and continues to say each part is "NOT STARTED."

I don't need to talk to a tax expert. I need someone to address the software's errors. I'm looking for tech support, but all the resources point me to paying for tax support, which requires first paying a higher fee.

I shouldn't have to pay extra. Besides, even if I paid more to talk to a human, the CPA wouldn't be able to address this technical glitch.

This caused me to have to ask for an extension. If Intuit TurboTax doesn't work as promised, then I'll have to reconsider who to work with for next year. For now, I need help figuring out your software's current mess. Please help... but not with links to pointless articles. I need REAL tech support.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify which version of TurboTax you are using: Online or Desktop? Windows or Mac? If Online, which browser?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AS80
Returning Member

Online.

2 Macs.

Chrome and Safari.

Same errors.

AS80
Returning Member

So... I've clarified. Are you going to help me or not? I can't imagine you'll say you only help Microsoft users, right?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Since you are using the online version, I would try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If that doesn't work, I would maybe try opening the mobile app to see if you can get through the rental section and then come back to your computer.

I suspect you'll be fine once your clear your cache and cookies.

AS80
Returning Member

Thanks but that didn't work. I had already tried that and I just did it again. As mentioned, I've used multiple devices. I am smart enough to restart my device, internet, cache, cookies, try other browsers, etc. etc. 

Have you considered: maybe it's you?  Your product is glitchy. Please reach out to me directly, not as a performance for your forum, but rather to truly solve this problem for me. 

Why don't you have tech support? Why won't you help me? Why should I have to pay extra to get the basic version to work? Why are you making this so complicated? Isn't your product supposed to make filing taxes easy?

I've been using this service for a number of years, but this is demonstrating to me you may have lost your mojo.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We are not experiencing the same issues you are. I can't reproduce the problem you are having. You will need to contact Customer Service. There is an option for Tech Support . Just listen for the prompts when you call. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do in the community to help you.

Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

AS80
Returning Member

So... what you're confirming here is that in addition to my regular payment, I have to pay an extra fee to have someone take a look at the glitch in your software?

That's like going to a restaurant and if your food has a roach in it or any other problem, the server asks you to pay an extra fee to have your dish sent back to the kitchen. Or if a mechanic doesn't fix the problem he charged you for, he then asks you to pay again to fixing the original problem.  

This TurboTax glitch didn't happen to me in previous years. Unfortunately, this year it has. I don't understand why you don't allow me or any customer to talk to TurboTax directly to address a specific technical problem without paying for extra tax services that I don't need.

If you don't respect me as a regular paying customer, why should I pay for an extra service I don't want or need?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You do not need to pay for technical support. Did you use this link to contact us? Turbo Tax Customer Service 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies