turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to Raise Your Credit Score

THAT CONCEPT I LIKE WE WILL BE IN REACH [TOUCH]
jo32

Thanks

Charlesallevato
Returning Member

How to reaksie your credit score
Charlesallevato
Returning Member

How to raise your credit score.

Do not pay off your credit cards and pay on time. Ask to lower the interest rate!
eisom123

Pay all debts on time

Thanks for those of you that replied to this topic, im still learning the system of credit. It been a long march forward but heres my story of take.
My credit was in the dunk tank, my income was just barely enough to maintain a record of payment,,,with child support, garnishment of wages by IRS, tax board,,,top roman was a luxury meal for 26 mos., it was all i could afford.
Ok heres the sacrifice i made,, cash n carry,,, no cash no carry..but that was not really helping my credit,,but it was helping my peace of mind...any change i got back went into a jar,, i never counted it but i figured it would be enough to open a account with a bank, if i just stayed with it...( rough times at best ).. i had 400.00 dollars from all that change , i opened the account ,add 50.00 per month to it..when i had 600.00,, i went into the bank and asked to take a loan against the 600.00,,, i took a 400.00 loan, with interest low enoung that i could stay within the limits of the 50.00 i had been adding to the account,,( less than 25.00 ). So I'd make the small payment and added 25.00 to it..
Bam,, CS went from a 420, to appr. 480..so i paid it all but 25.00 on the loan, then repeated the process..
Heres the good part, i used my money to make money, plus improve my CS..that was 3yrs ago..
Today my CS is in the range of 760+ and improving...i can buy anything i want ,eat a lot better,, and i even feel better about the decision that brought me to this point.
I use some of the other methods others have mentioned ie, paying down debt, paying a little extra,,, and carring a small balance,, never payoff the cards, but keep the debt in the 1% range,,reviewing my scores weekly,, looking for a better way to send thoses scores to the roof...
Im trying to create a small booklet of credit strategy ,to help others get to their goals.
Remember to review your report ,look for dings on your reports, there may be eras , that may also be draging your scores down..do not be afraid to dispute anything that seems wrong,, be persistent in your quest, and be where you want to be in a short time frame..
I am not a accountant, cpa, or financial adviser, just a average guy looking to improve on old mistakes made...be with health
Zdena

I am an old person, don't shop so much anymore. Here you are trying to get part of my money. Is this even legal? So you are saying that I caused misery of 2009? I thought that was OBAMA, not me. I am going to let our real president Mr. Trump know what you did to me. I would like to receive the paperwork, that your actions in this scheam are legal. Please send to my home address. [redacted PII]

Credit scores are a joke.  Mine used to be 720 at one time and always hung around the 700 mark.  I now sit at 583 and nothing has changed in my situation.  I make payments every month on my cards and always more than the min.  My credit to earnings is 18%.  I have no clue why it has gone down so much.  You would think your score would gradually go up when you make monthly on time payments.  Then, when you check your score they offer credit cards to open at ridiculous interest rates or annual fees.  Joke!

@cgmilliren wrote:

Credit scores are a joke.  Mine used to be 720 at one time and always hung around the 700 mark.  I now sit at 583 and nothing has changed in my situation...

If your credit score dropped that precipitously in a short period of time with virtually no rational explanation, then you need to inspect your credit report and inspect it carefully.

You could very well be a victim of some type of scam, identity theft, or simply a vendor/creditor/collector continually requesting and/or viewing your credit report. 

You can start here --> https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

@Zdena You absolutely need to edit the personally identifying information (i.e., your name and address) out of your post. Thank you!

I would like investve in buying a home, so I would not have to worry about retirement and a place to live. Plus I would have open gloving doors for my family in crisis and need a place to stay.

How to raise your credit score

I have been struggling with this too. Turbo tax says if you pay off your card every month ,don't. Make sure there is one dollar carrying over. No more than 4 credit cards. Dont go over 30% of available credit
Alexandramartina34
Returning Member

You can figure yours out here [website removed] they did help with mine when I had a low credit score.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies